As part of our commitment to the community and our residents, we have taken additional precautionary measures to ensure the safety of our staff, residents, and corporate partners.
We treat the Covid-19 situation very seriously and we have implemented all required government guidelines into our working practices to provide safe systems of work to our key worker staff, updating our practices as the situation evolves.
GEM are continuing to undertake emergency works associated with essential services to keep our residents safe, warm and protected. We appreciate the demand on domestic services are higher than ever as people are adhering to government advice by staying at home.
As part of our proactive approach, we have adopted the following measures:
- Office staff are working from home where possible.
- Key worker staff who visit properties have adequate stock levels of enhanced PPE and COVID-secure protocols to protect our residents.
- Our drop-in office in Camden has been temporarily restricted to visitor access to reduce footfall and multiple visitors.
- Staff are socially distancing when undertaking works and whilst in the workplace.
- Our desks and pods are all protected with protective screens and hand sanitisers.
- Our offices are subject to a daily enhanced deep clean to mitigate any risk of COVID spread.
- Staff are wearing Personal Protective Equipment at all times.
- Staff sanitise hands and immediate work areas before and after each job. This also includes the sanitation of their equipment and tools.
- Staff work closely with local authorities and clients to ensure our teams are aware of vulnerable residents and approach the works accordingly.
We continue to monitor the situation closely and update our policies accordingly. Please refer to this webpage for the most up to date information regarding GEM's approach.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.